1. Our GOTS organic cotton uses farming practices that conserve soil, diversify crops and avoid all synthetic pesticides and fertilisers. This increases bio-diversity and creates self regulating eco-systems. It's basically the bomb-diggity for the natural world.
2. The same organic cotton is 80% rain-fed. This means Blue water irrigation (the most environmentally harmful irrigation) is reduced by 91% compared to conventional cotton. Saving the equivalent of 2 years worth of drinking water for one person - for every T-Shirt...Gulp!
3. Organic cotton’s non-renewable energy consumption is reduced by 62% compared to using conventional cotton, with a 46% reduction in Green House Gas emissions. These savings come from removing the need for any big bad fuel powered machinery used to spread toxic fertilisers and Blue water irrigation. Each tee saving emissions equivalent to travelling 13 miles in a car.
4. Our ethical suppliers used in the garment’s manufacture are Fair Wear Foundation members with a rating of 'Leader'. This ensures the development of garment worker rights and conditions alongside regular third party auditing (to check they're not up to any funny business...)
5. This T-shirt is PETA-approved Vegan, ensuring no animals were tested on for ingredients, formulations, or the finished product - it’s also made from 100% vegan materials. Much like rabbits, we're happy bunnies about this.
6. Even the inks used to print these Tees are approved by the Soil Association as meeting the (GOTS) Global Organic Textile Standard. EVEN THE FRICKIN' INKS ARE GOOD. David Attenborough would be lapping this all up right now. Shout out to the real Big D.