1. Our GOTS organic cotton uses farming practices that conserve soil, diversify crops and avoid all synthetic pesticides and fertilisers. This increases bio-diversity and creates self regulating eco-systems. It's basically the bomb-diggity for the natural world.
2. The same organic cotton is 80% rain-fed. This means Blue water irrigation (the most environmentally harmful irrigation) is reduced by 91% compared to conventional cotton. Saving the equivalent of 2 years worth of drinking water for one person - for every T-Shirt...Gulp!
3. Organic cotton’s non-renewable energy consumption is reduced by 62% compared to using conventional cotton, with a 46% reduction in Green House Gas emissions. These savings come from removing the need for any big bad fuel powered machinery used to spread toxic fertilisers and Blue water irrigation. Each tee saving emissions equivalent to travelling 13 miles in a car.
4. Our ethical supplier used in the garment’s manufacture ensures the Bangladesh factory they work with is Sedex approved, SMETA audited and signed up to the Bangladesh Fire and Building Safety Accord.
5. This T-shirt is PETA-approved Vegan, ensuring no animals were tested on for ingredients, formulations, or the finished product - it’s also made from 100% vegan materials. Much like rabbits, we're happy bunnies about this.