The planet is basically giving you a big hug in this workwear inspired organic sweat. Waist length with full raglan sleeves for all-season comfort.
Cheeky tucked away pockets too!
Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified 350gsm ring-spun combed organic cotton (Our heavy-weight super softy!)
Hidden welt pockets on each side
1x1 rib double stitched collar for durability
Herringbone fabric sealed neck seam for superior comfort and durability
Sleeve hem and bottom hem with wide double topstitch for durability
OEKO-TEX Standard 100, tested and passed for harmful chemicals
Really rather nice
GARMENT MANUFACTURED IN BANGLADESH
This organic cotton T-Shirt was manufactured in Bangladesh. At one of the following 4 Fair Wear Foundation audited factories used by our supplier, Stanley/Stella:
- Ahsan Composite, Bangladesh
- Interstoff Apparels, Bangladesh
- DIRD Composite Textile, Bangladesh
- Aus Bangla, Bangladesh
Stanley/Stella are leaders in wholesale and bespoke garment manufacturing and have a'Leader' ratingwith the Fair Wear Foundation.
Finished in Cornwall, UK by the Goose Studios team.
Relaxed Women's Fit - Relaxed off the shoulder with a super comfy raglan sleeve. It's got a slightly boxy, workwear vibe going on and the bottom hem sits at the bottom of the hip.
We've been Unisex for 3 years, so this marks our first women's specific sweatshirt fit and it's a beaut. We love workwear style and this sweat is such a winner for it!
You're gunna love it!
Only wash if it needs it - Cheeky sniff test all the way!
Wash inside out on a 30'c wash to keep our planet cool.
Where possible, air dry - if you do have to tumble dry DW all our organic cotton is preshrunk so it'll come out as good as new.
Do the flatten out and a little re-shape deal after each wash, just like your Mum would.
Wear it lots and lots.
Love it and it will love you.
1. Our GOTS Organic Cotton uses farming practices that conserve soil, diversify crops and avoid all synthetic pesticides and fertilisers. This increases bio-diversity and creates self regulating eco-systems.
It's basically the bomb-diggity for the natural world.
2. Our Organic Cotton is 80% rain-fed. This means Blue water irrigation (the most harmful type irrigation) is reduced by 91% compared to normal cotton.
For every Sweatshirt - this saves the equivalent of over 2 years worth of drinking water for one person.
3. Organic Cotton’s non-renewable energy consumption is reduced by 62% compared to normal cotton, with a whopping 46% reduction in Green House Gas emissions too.
These savings come from removing the need for inefficient fuel powered machinery used to spread toxic fertilisers and Blue water irrigation.
4. Our ethical suppliers used in the garment’s manufacture are Fair Wear Foundation members with a rating of 'Leader'.
This ensures the development of garment worker rights and conditions alongside regular third party auditing (to check they're not up to any funny business...)
5. Our styles are PETA-approved Vegan, ensuring no animals were tested on for ingredients, formulations, or the finished product - it’s also made from 100% vegan materials.
1. Non-renewable energy powered transportation is used to transport the t-shirt from Asia to Europe, to Cornwall UK, to finally wherever you have it delivered. We're working on this...any advice on how to reduce our impact from transport would be amazing! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The washing instructions label is currently recycled polyester. Which is better than normal polyester. But still polyester. Classic good cop/bad cop scenario. Only there's another organic cotton cop in the mix being like, 'you should just use organic cotton'. That cop has a point.
3. The factories making this t-shirt cover minimum wages and offer considerable employee benefits - but don't yet all pay the living wage. The Fair Wear Foundation are working with our suppliers to constantly improve this situation.